Friday, October 10, 2008

When I grow up, I want to be.....

....a principal?
Well, actually I do. (This is Calvin, not Ilene)
I have finished up the course work for my Master's degree in Educational Leadership. All I lack now is the internship. I have to spend 200 hours at the Elementary, 200 at the high school and 50 at the district office--doing administrative types of assignments. It is a pain trying to work full time, be a husband a father, teach a weekly evening class, and try to find a few extra hours to be an administrative intern. I have to get all 200 hours for elementary between Aug. and Dec. and then the 200 for high school between Jan-April.

I honestly don't know if I can see myself being a principal. But, at least this will open up the doors for the opportunity if it ever arises. You know, in case I just get sick of my current job and need a little change of scenery or a little fattening of the pocketbook.

Hopefully I can rank up there with the ranks of some of the famous principals of our time:
Someone told us that our blog was getting boring because we hadn't added an entry in a while...so that is the reason for this totally pointless post!

7 comments:

Hubers said...

Hey Ilene- This is Kylynne Huber.. Shelly told me about you getting in to your new house. That's so exciting! Congrats... Things look like they are going well! My blog is private, but email me your email address and I will add you lilsis01@hotmail.com I am glad Shelly told me you had a blog so that I can keep updates on all that you are doing! Hope things are going well- and your little girls are so dang cute!

Shelly said...

You will make a fantastic principal! GO FOR IT!!

Spencer said...

Way to go Cal!! One day we can run a school together!! I should be done in July 2010!! I am not sure the district would trust us with a school, but it sure would be fun!!

Karen said...

It will be hard to be better than Mr. Belding, but I'm sure you can give it a go!

Shelly said...

By the way, will you take pictures of your house and post them on your blog? I don't know when I am going to get home to see it.

Shemri and Gang said...

Bueler? Bueler? Bueler?

Calvin Holt said...

OK, I realized after posting that Ben Stein wasn't a principal in the movie. He was only a lowly teacher like myself...but, I am going to leave the picture. It is too priceless of a moment in American cinema history to not recognize.