Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Special Announcement


You know, in this election season we get inundated with ads, television programs, news stories and rumors about the presidential candidates and their running mates. We are flooded with terms such as "flip-flop", "maverick", "change", "policy", "I care for the middle class", "my friends", "I come from humble circumstances", "we're gonna change Washington", "Washington is broken", etc. etc. etc. It is unbelievably sad to think that someone would want any job (much less this one) so much that they are willing to stoop to the levels that they do.
And (are ya with me here?) when someone asks you a question Mr. (or Mrs.) Candidate...please just answer the question. Don't try to camouflage your record by using smoke and mirrors. We the People are not as dumb as you think we are...in fact, we are probably not as dumb as YOU are!

Is anyone else as utterly annoyed as we are? In my humble but correct opinion, BOTH presidential candidates are absolute nut jobs. And their vice presidential picks? Wow...if we were to be governed as a country by either of them..a phrase comes to mind "jumping out of the frying pan right into the fire."

And so....it is after much consideration and heartfelt soul searching that I would like to come before you all today on this brisk Autumn day, exactly one day after the historic Columbus day which has such a huge significance in my life and the life of my constituents...and I would like to announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America.

On November 4th, please remember to vote for me....and all of your wildest dreams will come true. I am now accepting applications for my vice presidential running mate.

Vote early, Vote often!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

AMEN BROTHER!!! Nut jobs is putting it lightly. You would be much better than any of the wacko's that we have to choose from.

Colten and Megan said...

You have our Vote!!

Karen said...

Ellis would like to be your running mate. Have you already picked one??? Wouldn't that be fun to live in the white house together? Nathan & Milly would have a hay day! Wait -- does the vice president get to live in the white house too??? Maybe they just put him in a hotel down the street. Who knows??

Calvin Holt said...

The Vice President has a separate living quarters on the U.S. Naval Observatory. But....I think I can pull some strings if you guys want to move in to the White House.

OK, it is official everyone...please pull the lever for Holt/Jepson '08.

Karen said...

Sweet!